JOINING THE CLUB
(Club application is below as an attachment.)
Membership Dues are $15.00 for each regular member or $25.00 per couple. Dues are to be paid on or before the first day of January of each year.
The procedure / requirements for an individual or couple to join the Club are as follows:
- Submit to the President of the Cocker Spaniel Club of Southern California (the “Club”) a completed Application for Membership, endorsed by 2 regular Club Members with a tenure of at least one year;
- Agree to abide by the Club’s Constitution and By-Laws and the Rules of the American Kennel Club;
- Attend 2 consecutive Club Meetings;
- At the second meeting submit dues to the Secretary or Treasure of the Club;
At the next meeting following the prospective member’s second meeting and after confirmation of the prospective member’s submission of the Application for Membership, confirmation of attendance at 2 meetings, and payment of dues, the Application for Membership will be voted upon. Affirmative votes of 75% of the members in attendance is required to elect the prospective member.
A new Member is required to apply to and participate in a Committee. Participation in a Committee is at the pleasure of the Committee Chair:
- Show Committee.
- Program Committee.
- Ways and Means Committee.
- Hospitality Committee.
- Trophy Committee.
- Raffle Committee.